Areas of Interest
- Water Resources , Planning & Management, Water Supply, Rural & Urban, Hydropower System Planning, Sustainable Development, E-Flows, Water Quality , Monitoring & Modelling, Performance Evaluation , Water Resources Projects, Hydraulics of Flow, Pipe & Open Channel, Hydrology, Surface and Sub-surface Hydrology, System Design / Optimization Techniques, Application in Water Resources Problems
|2019-01-01||Ongoing||Professor (HAG)||WRDM, IITRoorkee|
|2008-01-01||10 years||Professor||WRD&M, IIT Roorkee|
|2001-01-01||7 years||Associate Professor||WRD&M, IIT Roorkee|
|1996-01-01||5 years||Asstt. Professor||DCE, Delhi|
|1991-01-01||5 years||Lecturer||DCE, Delhi|
|1990-01-01||1 year||Scientist-B||NIH, Roorkee|
|1989-01-01||1 year||Research Scholar||IIT Delhi|
|1986-01-01||3 years||Research Fellow||WRMC, REC Kurukshetra|
|1985-01-01||1 year||Quality Control Er||Private|
|2019-04-01||1 year 10 months||Head, Department of Water Resources Development & Management||IIT Roorkee|
|2015-01-01||Chief Election Officer SAC-2015||IIT Roorkee|
|2016-01-01||1 year||Chief Advisor Sports||IIT Roorkee|
|2012-01-01||1 year||Associate Dean of Students Welfare (ADOSW) (Foreign Students)||IIT Roorkee|
|2008-01-01||3 years||Associate Dean of Students Welfare (ADOSW) (Mess) & Chairman, Co-ordinating Committee of Bhawans||IIT Roorkee|
|2008-01-01||1 year||Deaputy Chief Advisor Sports (Admn.)||IIT Roorkee|
|2006-01-01||2 years||Chief Warden||Azad Bhawan|
|2002-01-01||1 year||Deputy Chairman||UPR-2002, JEEP-2003|
|1999-01-01||2 years||Incharge Examination cell||D.C.E Delhi|
|2000-01-01||Deputy Chairman, College Convocation,||D.C.E., Delhi|
|1998-01-01||Co-ordinator, B.Tech. Entrance Exam,||D.U., Delhi|
|1993-01-01||5 years||Member of B.E. Admission Committee||D.U., Delhi|
Honors and Awards
|NEEPCO Chair Professor||IIT Roorkee||2018|
|JPSS Chair Professor (Hydropower)||IIT Roorkee||2020|
|Visiting International Fellow (VIF-2011)||EWRI of ASCE, USA||2011|
|Gold medal for best paper during the 12th Annual Convention at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi||Indian Building Congress (IBC)||2006|
|Star Performer on the basis of overall performance during the academic year 2004-05||IIT Roorkee||2020|
|Best Paper Award||Indian Water Works Association (IWWA)||2004|
|Commendation Certificate twice for best paper||Indian Building Congress (IBC)||1999|
|Ph.D.||Civil Engineering||Delhi University||1997|
|Post Graduate Diploma||Operations Management||I.G.N.O.U. Delhi||1996|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Topic||Funding Agency||Start Date||Period|
|Mathematical model study of the guide bunds of the proposed bridge on River Ganga on Najibabad||PWD Bijnour||2020-01||Ongoing|
|Feasibility Study for Flood Protection Works in Satluj River Basin in Kinnaur District||Himachal Irrigation Deptt.||2016-01||4 years 6 months|
|Vetting of Balawala G.O.H. Water Supply Scheme, Doiwala, Dehradun||Uttarakhand Peyjal Sansthan Vikas Evam Nirman Nigam||2015-01||Ongoing|
|Review of Adampur Distributary Pipe channel design from RD 0 to 11200.85m||Irrigation & Drainage Dept. Haryana||2020-01||Ongoing|
|A Part Study on "Piloting of E-Flow assessment Methodology for the Sunderbans Ecosystem"||IUCN, New Delhi||2014-01||6 years 6 months|
|Expert opinion about reasons of failure of DT Panel Wall at Sonna MHS, Karnataka||M/S Mack Insurance Surveyors & Loss assessors Pvt. Ltd.||2019-01||Ongoing|
|Review of Guide Bund & Protection Measures at Major Bridge Over Yamuna River||Haryana and Uttar Pradesh||2017-01||1 year|
|Feasibility Study for Flood Protection Works in Satluj River Basin in Kinnaur District||Himachal Pradesh||2016-01||1 year|
|Vetting of Mussoore Phalpatti-Surkanda Devi, GOV Pumping Water Supply Scheme||Uttarakhand Peyjal Sansthan Vikas Evam Nirman Nigam, Dehradun||2014-01||6 years 6 months|
|International Short term training program on “Planning, Design and Implementation of Irrigation Schemes”||--||2016-12|
|A Review Study on Hydropower and its Impact on GHGs Emissions, WAPCOS India Ltd.||WAPCOS||2013-01||Ongoing|
|Impact of Climate and Land Use Change on Hydrological Response of Beas Basin||DST New Delhi||2011-01||9 years 6 months|
|Vetting of Balawala G.O.H. Water Supply Scheme, Doiwala, Dehradun||Uttarakhand Peyjal Sansthan Vikas Evam Nirman Nigam, Dehradun||2014-01-01||1 year|
|A Review Study on Release of Environmental Flows for Hydroelectric Projects||WAPCOS||2011-01||Ongoing|
|Vetting of Mussoore Phalpatti-Surkanda Devi, GOV Pumping Water Supply Scheme||Uttarakhand Peyjal Sansthan Vikas Evam Nirman Nigam, Dehradun||2014-01||1 year|
|Vetting of Suridhar Water Supply Scheme||Uttarakhand Peyjal Sansthan Vikas Evam Nirman Nigam, Dehradun||2014-01||1 year|
|Vetting of Design for Silt Excluder and Ejector for Ramganga Barrage, UP||M/S Ghanaram Engineers & contractors, Jhansi||2011-01||9 years 6 months|
|Vetting of G & D Site Data for Bowala Nandprayag and Nadprayag Langashu HEPs for 2011-12||M/s Geo-Tech India, Roorkee||2011-01||Ongoing|
|Third Party Evaluation of Cost Estimates of Myntdu (Leshka) H.E. Project (2 x 42 MW) in Meghalaya||Meghalaya||2014-01||1 year|
|Planning & Design for UGPL type Micro Irrigation Under SS Project||M/s Jyoti Build Tech. Pvt. Ltd., Lucknow||2011-01||Ongoing|
|Cumulative Scientific Study to Assess the Impact of Existing and Proposed Hydro Power Stations on Eastern Ganga Basin||Uttarakhand||2012-01||1 year|
|Design of D/S Guide Bund for Uttari Dam||Irrigation Department, Lalitpur||2011-01||Ongoing|
|Cumulative Scientific Study to Assess the Impact of Existing and Proposed Hydro Power Stations on Saryu River||Uttarakhand||2012-01-01||1 year|
|Vetting of Design for Small Siphon Aquaducts from Arjun Sahayak Pariyojana||Technocare Lucknow||2010-01||10 years 6 months|
|Vetting of G & D Site Data for Bowala Nandprayag and Nadprayag Langashu HEPs||M/s Geo-Tech India, Roorkee||2011-01||1 year|
|Evaluation of GBPIHED||MEF, GOI||2009-01||Ongoing|
|Basin Study for Lohit Basin||WAPCOS||2009-01||11 years 6 months|
|Basin Study for Bischom Basin||WAPCOS||2009-01||11 years 6 months|
|Environmental Flow Study for Dhamwari Sundra HEP||Goyal Group, Delhi,||2009-01||11 years 6 months|
|PFR for Guchupani Water Supply Scheme||Uttarakhand Irrigation Department||2008-01||12 years 6 months|
|Residual Life Study of Effluent Channel||ECPL Vadodara||2007-01||13 years 6 months|
|Hydrological Study of Jamrani Multipurpose Project||Uttarakhand Irrigation Department||2006-01||14 years 6 months|
|Establishment of Gauge & discharge Sites at Nand Prayag and Tamak||Uttaranchal Jal Vidyut Nigam||2006-01||14 years 6 months|
|Design of Hindon Aqueduct on Deoband Branch Feeder Canal||Uttarpradesh Irrigation Department||2005-01||15 years 6 months|
|Detailed Project Report for Supply of 200 cusec of Water to Delhi from Ganga Canal in U.P.||--||2001-01||1 year|
|Pre-feasibility Reports of 10 Hydroelectric Projects in Uttaranchal||--||2003-01-01||1 year|
|Residual Life Study of Effluent Channel, ECPL Vadodara||--||2007-01||1 year|
|Water Balance Study of Man Sagar Lake Restoration of Jal Mahal Monument in the Man Sagar||--||2005-01||1 year|
|Minimum Flow Requirements of River System for Ecology in River Brahmani||WAPCOS||2002-01||1 year|
|Preparation of RFP for Preparation of DPR for HIS for the state of Uttaranchal||--||2005-01||1 year|
|Area Drainage Study for Sasan Ultra Mega Power Project||--||2005-01||1 year 2 months|
|Strengthening of Africa Centers of Excellence (ACEs)||DST India||2019-01||Ongoing|
|Water 4 Change, Integrative and Fit-for-purpose Water Sensitive Design Framework for fast growing livable Cities||DST-NOW (Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research & Department of Science and Technology New Delhi||2019-10-01||Ongoing|
|A Global Training Model for Sustainable Water Development in Resource-Constrained Communities||US-India 21st Century Knowledge Initiative, University of IOWA, IIT Roorkee & Sehgal Foundation||2018-01-01||2 years|
|Piloting of E-Flow assessment Methodology for the Hydrological Modeling of two river reaches in Sunderbans Area||IUCN, New Delhi||2014-01-01||1 year|
- International Association of Coastal Reservoir Research (IACRR), Council Member
- North India Chapter of Environmental & Water Resources Institute, Founder president since 2010
- Institution of Engineers (India) (FIE (I)), Life Fellow
- Charted Engineer (I), Institution of Engineers, India, Life Fellow
- Indian Water Works Association (FIWWA), Life Fellow
- Indian Water Resources Society (FIWWA), Life Fellow
- Indian Association of Hydrologists (FIAH), Life Fellow
- ASCE and EWRI, Associate Member (2011 to 2016)
- Indian Association of Hydrologists, Executive member (2005-08, 2009-onwards)
- Roorkee Local Centre of the Institution of Engineers (India), Executive member
- Indian Water Resources Society, Executive member
- Faculty Forum of IIT Roorkee, Executive member
- Indian Society for Hydraulics (LMISH), Life Member
- Institute of Urban Transport (India) (LMIUT), Life Member
- Indian Society of Technical Education (LMISTE), Life Member
- Indian Association of Agro-meteorologists, Member
Projects and Thesis Supervised
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Performance evaluation of an urban water distribution network, a case study of IIT- Roorkee||Christover Charles Mahenge|
|Reliability Analysis of a Water Distribution Network – A Case of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia||Tadese Gindo Kebebe|
|Construction Delay and Cost Over-run Analysis in Water Resources Projects||Shimelis Getaneh Tilahun|
|Circular Economy for Urban water Management for Addis Ababa City, Ethiopia||Bereket Tesfaye Tessema|
|Analysing Impacts of Landuse Landcover Changes on the Hydrology of Kessem Watershed Awash Basin, Ethiopia||Daniel Terefe Belachew|
|Irrigation water Requirements of Shared Centre-Pivot System for Small holder Farmers in Iringa Tanzania||Said Hussain|
|Cascade development of Run-of-River hydropower projects in Himalayan rivers and optimization of their operation schedule||Vijay Sharma|
|Development of Rating Curve at Guided Sites||Israel Gwanatwa Mkumbwa|
|MCDM for a Multi-Purpose Water Resources Project Management||Dipak Mudbhari|
|Issues and Challenges of Urban Water Supply in Hargeisa City, Somalia||Ismail Ahmed Aden|
|Appropriate Treatment Technology for Rural Water Supply in Mizoram||Lalropia Hmar|
|IWRM of Rufiji Basin using WEAP in Tanzania||Geofry Simkonda|
|Feasibility assessment of Converting a Canal Irrigation Scheme into PIN||Iddi Saidi|
|Study of Water Supply System to Kabul City in Afghanistan||Sayed Hadi Mousavi|
|Water Supply Assessment & Augmentation to the Muhwanuzi Town of Tanzania||Tumusherure|
|Life Cycle Assessment of a Water Supply Project||Mali Shadrack Paul|
|WASH and its Impact on HDI in Upper Nile State of Malakal in South Sudan||George Simon|
|A Study of Water Supply to Durame Town in Ethiopia||Teshome Mekete|
|Sustainable Management of Sudd Swamp||Nyombe Richard Loboso|
|Agricultural Sustainability assessment in Salima District of Malawi||Mayamiko Mathews Kombi|
|Reservoir Sedimentation Pattern and Assessment of its Residual Life||Dwoki Justin Sam|
|Transboundary Issues in Mekong River Basin Development||Elibariki E. Mwanga|
|Sustainability assessment of an irrigation system –A case study of Doho in Eastern Uganda||Ekadu Silas|
|Assessment and Management of watershed sustainability using GIS and remote sensing-A case study of G||Saramadie Thorlu Bangura|
|Water balance study of Taloqan sub river basin in Afghanistan||Esmatullah Nikpai|
|Design and implementation of a low cost grid connected hydro power system||Augustine Amara|
|Study of Amu River Bank protection in Afghanistan||Abbas S Fazeli|
|River training structures using Trial Dykes and Jack Jetty system||Umesh Kumar Gupta|
|A study of urban drainage system-A case study of Gurgaon||Nitin Kumar Nagarwal|
|Irrigation planning and scheduling for improving water productivity-A case study||Deogratius Nyamsha|
|Conjunctive water use planning in irrigation system for enhancing water use and water productivity||Alemayehu Yadesha Emana|
|Flood Hotspot Identification and Mitigation – A Case Study of Bihar||Prashant Kumar|
|Flood Impact on Hydrology, Environment, Life and Policy (HELP) in Bihar||Abhishek Kishore Kumar|
|Sustainability Assessment of Water Supply Schemes in Nepal - A Case Study of Khairenitaar and Parsa||Ashish Mani Lamichhane|
|Rainwater Harvesting as a Renewable Source of Drinking Water in Saline Groundwater Areas – A Case St||Anurag Sharma|
|Rainfall-runoff modelling using ANN||Nidhi Kalyani|
|River Water Quality Index Assessment – A Case Study||Benny Komba|
|Drought Assessment using SPI in Marathwada Region of India||Megha Salve|
|Flood Risk Analysis and Mapping for a Himalayan River||Avinash Thakur|
|Extraction from Wastes in High Rise Buildings||Ulhas Manan|
|Assessment of Urban Water Quality Service - A Case Study of Cape Town in Ghana||N Y Patrick|
|Sustainability Assessment of Rural Water Supply Schemes in Uttarakhand||Lt. Col. Hemant Joshi|
|Travelling Salesman Problem Solution using Ant Colony Optimization Technique||Subash Sethi|
|Drinking Water Sustainability Assessment for an Indian Metropolitan City – A Case Study of Delhi||Nitu Singh|
|Assessment of Green House Gas Emissions from Storage Based Hydropower Schemes||Anvesh Gunjuluri|
|Assessment of Customers' Satisfaction for Water Supply in Few Cities of Tanzania||Ivor Joseph Ndimbe|
|Computer Aided Design of a Penstock||Navin Kumar Jha|
|Reliability Assessment of a Power System – A Case Study of IIT Roorkee Campus||Stuti Gupta|
|Estimation of Hydrulic Roughness Parameters for Boulder Streams||Derese Admasu Tessema|
|A Study on Environmental Flow Estimation for a Casacade Type Hydropower Development||Mulenga Musonda|
|Sustainable Development Contribution Assessment of CDM based Renewable Energy Projects||Rajat Samuel|
|Assessment of Rice Production under Changing Climatic Conditions of Karawang (Indonesia)||Eka Prasetyawati|
|Optimization of Construction Equipment Selection for Earth Moving Operations||Mengistu Kebebe|
|Performance Evaluation of Power System Components using Fault Tree Analysis||Sanchit Saran Agarwal|
|Long term Wave Forecasting Using ANN||Bal Krishna|
|Long Term Electricity Demand Forecasting for Uttarakhand||Nitin Gupta|
|Distribution Network in Urban Water Supply||Tandin Dorje|
|Downscaling of Climate Variables using Support Vector Machine||Murtiningrum Kuji|
|Hydropower and Flood Year Prediction Using Grey Models||Navavi Ahmad|
|Optimal Operation of Pumps for Urban Water Distribution Systems||Recardo C Olarte|
|Slurry Transport in a Pipe line||Dwi Asika Sari|
|Basin Study for Environmental Flow Assessment in Hydropower Development||Jefry Luna|
|Performance Evaluation of a Collector well using MODFLOW||Bayu Kusuma|
|Design of Water Treatment Plant for a Hilly Terrain||Issac L Ralte|
|Agricultural Risk Management’||I Nyoman Suwarno|
|Design & Operation of a Pumping Station for a Water Supply System||Mohd. Elfaitih Khalil Yousif|
|Determination of Critical Velocity for Slurry Transport in Pipeline||Fery Moun Hepy sbi Assidiqi|
|Hydrological Analysis for a Multi-Purpose Water Resources Project – A Case Study||Eko Murwanto|
|Optimal Scheduling of Activities in a Construction Project||Hasbi Assidiqi|
|Urban Drainage Planning of Palembang City – A Case Study||Joni Rahalsyah Putra|
|Hydrologic and Hydraulic Design of Bridges||V. T. Long|
|EIA as applied to Water Resources Projects||Amit Kumar Sinha|
|Simulation Based Performance Evaluation of an Urban Water Distribution Network||Heru Setiadi|
|Use of Fuzzy Logics for Reservoir Operation Policy||Anggara Wiyono Wit Saputra|
|Computer Aided Design of Aggregate Production for a Concrete Plant||Yakob Tamu Ama Lay|
|Design of Water Distribution Network using Non Linear Programming||Roy P Perdede|
|Reliability Based Design of Pumping Station for an Urban Water Supply Scheme||Kiswarman|
|Optimization of Dewatering and Excavation Cost for Construction of Power Plant||Dwi Agus Rahsetiyo|
|Seepage Losses from a Canal Conveying a Varying Discharge||Agustini Ernawati|
|Inter Basin Water Transfer and Water Balance Study of Mahanadi Basin at Manibhadra||Rajnikanta Biswal|
|Reliability Evaluation of a Hydropower Station||Jeebachh Mandal|
|An Appropriate Forecasting Technique for Electrical Energy Demand||Temesgen Abebe|
|Study to Improve Operation and Maintenance of Nam Huam Irrigation System in Lao PDR||Boun Hom Silimanotham|
|Performance Based Reservoir Operation for Sustainable Management of Water Resources||Rofel Hmar|
|Strategies for Efficient Use of Irrigation Water in Bhairhawa Lumbini Ground Water Irrigation Projec||Shyam Bahadur Karki|
|A study of Water measuring Devices on Irrigation Channels||Vivarath Sihabouj|
|Optimal Design of Well-Point System for Dewatering||Din Din|
|Optimal Design of a Water Distribution Network||Ms Kumari Indu Jaiswal|
|An Analytic Approach for Reliability Assessment of Water Distribution Networks||Sanjay Kumar|
|Computer Aided Simulation and Optimization of the Water Distribution Network Systems||Raheja, N|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|Integrated Wetland Sustainability Framework||Alka Yadav||O||2019-07|
|A study of Cloudburst events in the Himalyan Region of India||Sachidanand Singh||O||2019-07|
|Mangrove Ecosystem Sustainability – A Case Study from North Vietnam||Nguyen Thi Nogoc Bich||O||2020-08|
|Study of Issues and Challenges of Water Supply in Hilly areas of India||Shainak Sen||O||2020-08|
|Performance Evaluation of Urban Water Supply Scheme||Bahar Adem||O||2018-07|
|Resilience Assessment and Capacity Augmentation of an Urban Drainage System||Osheen||O||2018-07|
|A Study of Watershed Health and its Resilience||Lingaraj Dhal||O||2017-12|
|Sustainable Management of Hydropower Schemes under Risks and Uncertainties||Sanchit Saran Agarwal||O||2014-01|
|Snowpack Estimation and its Impact on River Flow Regime||Sandeep Shukla||A||2012-01|
|Performance Evaluation and Strategic Planning of Water Supply in Hilly Areas||Sham Kumar Sharma||A||2012-01|
|Planning of Interbasin transfer for sustainable water management in Ethiopia||Dereje Adeba Gerbi||A||2012-01|
|A Study on Design Aspects of Radial Collector Wells||Kailash Bisnoi||A||2010-01|
|Watershed Sustainability Index Framework and its Estimation for a Watershed||Surendra Kumar Chandniha||A||2010-01|
|Irrigation Performance and Water Management Practices in Salt affected Area||K K Mahanta||A||2005-01|
|Multi-Criteria Decision Making for Engineering & Management Oroblems||Krishna Pratap Singh||A||2009-01|
|Performance Assessment of a Radial Collector Well near a Stream||Mohd. Fahimuddin||A||2002-01|
|A Study on Pollutant Transport in a Stream||MuthuKrishna vellaisamy K.||A||2002-01|
|Water Quality Modelling and Monitoring in Distribution Systems||Mrs. Geeta Arora||A||1996-01|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|DELFT, Netherlands||Kick-off meeting of the research project Water for Change – Integrative & fit for Purpose Water Sensitive Design Framework for Fast Growing Livable Cities||2020-03-01|
|Judge Business School, Cambridge University||Leadership for Academicians Program||2020-01-19|
|Pittsburg, PA, USA||For presenting 3 papers during EWRI Congress 2019 and University of IOWA, Iowa, USA as visiting researcher for international research project and interacted with faculty and Ph.D. students||2019-05-17|
|University of Nebraska, Lincoln, and Virginia Tech., Blacksburg, USA||For presenting 3 papers during EWRI Congress, and delivered Invited talks at Nebraska and Virginia Tech. and interacted with Ph.D. students.||2018-01-01|
|Austin, Texas, IOWA state University, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, MIT Boston, USA||Paper presented during EWRI Congress||2015-01-01|
|International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Bangkok, Thailand||As an Peer-Review and Joint Research Team member for participating in a meeting on Environmental Flow for Sundarbans Ecosystem, An Indo-Bangladesh Project||2014-01-01|
|Portland, Oregon and IOWA State University, USA||Presented paper during EWRI Congress||2014-01-01|
|Cincinnati, Austin, Chorus Christy, Bethlehem, Harrisburg, USA||EWRI Congress||2013-05-18|
|International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Dhaka, Bangladesh||As a member of JRT for Pilot project on E-Flows for Ecosystem Sundarbans, an Indo-Bangladesh Project||2014-01-01|
|Fiji National University, Fiji||As Visiting Faculty & invited Expert to discuss various issues related flood, irrigation schemes, and drinking water in Fiji and to deliver expert lectures on Water Conservation and Flood Control and on Drinking Water Issues||2012-01-01|
|Chandigarh University||Chief Guest and delivered a talk in National Conference on integrated perspectives on watershed urbanization, hydrology and flood management WUFM-2017, on “Integrated Flood Risk Management-A Case Study of Bihar”||2017-01-01|
|Palm Springs, Austin, Bethlehem, Harrisburg, USA||Visiting International Fellow (VIF) and attended & presented paper during EWRI Congress||2011-05-21|
|College of Engineering, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan, S. Korea||As Visiting Professor & invited Expert to discuss various issues related to Collector Wells for Urban Water Supply Systems||2010-01-01|
|NEC, Kathmandu, Nepal||As invited Expert for Regional Conference||2010-01-01|
|Gold Coast, Australia||As Keynote Presenter during Asia Pacific Water and Sewer Systems Modelling Seminar||2009-01-01|
|CSSRI, Karnal||As an expert for the 2 days brainstorming session conducted by Irrigation and Water Resources Department of Haryana||2015-01-01|
|2iE Institute, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso||As Visiting Professor to deliver expert lectures on Urban Water Supply||2008-01-01|
|ENGEES, Strasbourg, France||As Visiting Professor & invited Expert to deliver special lectures and to discuss various issues related to Urban Water Supply Systems||2008-06-16|
|BBA University, Lucknow||Speaker in National Workshop||2015-01-01|
|NEC, Kathmandu, Nepal||Expert to attend International Seminar||2008-04-21|
|Jadavpur University and Sundarbans area, Kolkata||Subject Expert||2014-01-01|
|ENGEES, Strasbourg, France||Visiting Faculty & invited Expert to deliver special lectures||2008-03-03|
|MIT, Cambridge, USA||Expert for the Lead User Workshop in the area of Urban Water Supply||2008-02-28|
|SVNIT, Surat||Delivering lecture during short term training programme on River Flood Modelling and Analysis at CED||2016-01-01|
|NIT Patna||Expert and delivered as talk on "River Health Assessment and Need for Comprehensive Guidelines for River Health Policy”, National seminar on Rejuvenation of River Ganga||2015-01-01|
|HBTI, Kanpur||Keynote speaker for ICMERWRS-2017||2017-01-01|
|CSSRI, Haryana||As an expert for the 2 days brainstorming session on Piped irrigation system and pressurized irrigation network, organized jointly with Haryana Irrigation Research and Management Institute (HIRMI)||2017-01-01|
|NIT Kurukshetra||Expert Lecture on Water Conservation – Issues & Challenges||2009-01-01|
|GEC Aurangabad||Expert Lecture||2013-01-01|
Participation in short term courses
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|RS & GIS Applications to Water Resources||Indian Institute of Remote Sensing||2003-01|
|International advanced Course on Water Resources Assessment||Water Engineering Research and Development Centre, Turkish Water Foundation, Istanbul (Turkey)||2004-01|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Sustainable Technologies for Intelligent Water Management||IWRS & WRDM||2018-02|
|Hydropower Development and Management – Thinking Ahead||IWRS & WRD&M||2017-01|
|Challenges in Irrigation Management for Food Security||IWRS & WRD&M||2016-01|
- “System Analysis Techniques in Water Resources Management”, Turkish Water Foundation, Turkey, (2005) as single author.
- “Challenges in the Management of Water Resources & Environment in the Next Millennium”, Delhi, (1999) (Best Selling Book at Bagchi.com $ 32.68) as joint author (Ed.).
- Proceedings of “Water and Environment – Issues and Challenges, WRD&M, IIT Roorkee, (2002) (Ed.).
- Kansal M.L. (2018) Issues and Challenges of River Health Assessment in India. In: Singh V., Yadav S., Yadava R. (eds) Water Resources Management. Water Science and Technology Library, vol 78. Springer, Singapore.
- Chandniha S.K., Kansal M.L. (2018) Water Sustainability Assessment Under Climatic Uncertainty—A Case Study of Chhattisgarh (India). In: Singh V., Yadav S., Yadava R. (eds) Climate Change Impacts. Water Science and Technology Library, vol 82. Springer, Singapore.
Refereed Journal Papers
- Kansal, M.L., Kumar, A. & Sharma, P.B., (1995). “Reliability Analysis of Water Distribution Systems Under Uncertainty”, Reliability Engg. & System Safety, Vol 50, No.1, pp. 51-59.
- Kumar, A and Kansal, M L Discussion on "Reliability Analysis of Water Distribution Systems", J Env Engg, ASCE, September, Vol 121, No. 9, pp. 674-77, (1995).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L and Arora G, “Identification of Monitoring Stations in Water Distribution System” ASCE, Journal of Env. Engg., Aug., Vol. 123, No. 8, pp. 746-52, (1997).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L and Kumar Sanjay, Discussion on “Systemic Analysis of Urban Water Supply and Growth Management”, Journal of Urban Planning & Development, ASCE, September, Vol. 124, No. 3, pp. 135-138, (1998).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L and Arora G, Closure of “Identification of Monitoring Stations in Water Distribution System” Journal of Env. Engg., ASCE, Feb., Vol. 125, No. 2, pp. 203-204, (1999).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L and Arora G, Discussion on “Inverse Modeling of Chlorine Concentration in Pipe Networks Under dynamic conditions” Journal of Env. Engg., ASCE, pp. 296-297, March, (1999).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L, Minocha, V K and Kumar Sanjay, Discussion on “Risk Analysis of Traffic and Revenue Forecasts for Road Investment Projects”, Journal of Infrastructure Development & Planning, ASCE, September, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 112-114, (1999).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L and Arora G, Discussion on “Detecting Accidental Contaminations in Municipal Water Networks”, Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, ASCE, September, Vol. 125, No. 5, pp. 308-310, (1999).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L and Kumar Sanjay, Discussion on “Condition Assessment of Water Supply Infrastructure”, Journal of Infrastructure Development & Planning, ASCE, December, Vol. 5, No., 4, pp. 160-161, (1999).
- Kansal, M.L. and Kumar, A. “Computer Aided Reliability Analysis of Water Distribution Networks”, International Journal of Modelling & Simulation, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 264-273, (2000).
- Arora, G and Kansal, M L, Discussion on “Performance of Various Kinetic Models for Chlorine Decay” Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, ASCE, September, Vol. 127, No. 5, pp. 349-351, (2001).
- Kansal, M L, and Arora, G, Discussion on “EXPLORE – Hybrid Expert System for Water Supply Management” Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, ASCE, Nov.-Dec., Vol. 127, No. 6, pp. 415-416, (2001).
- Kansal, M L, and Arora, G, Discussion on “Reliability as Tool for Hydraulic Network Planning” Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, January, Vol. 128, No. 1, pp. 127, (2002).
- Kansal, M L, and Arora, G, Discussion on “Optimal Operation of Water Distribution Pumps Considering Water Quality” Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, ASCE, July-August, Vol. 128, No. 4, pp. 307, (2002).
- Kansal, M.L., & Verma, Shuchi “An Efficient Technique for Failure Assessment in a Distribution Network”, International Journal of Modeling & Simulation, Vol. 25, No. 4, 2005, pp. 269-276.
- Kansal, M.L., Das, Devadutta, & Mandal, Jeebachh “Performance Assessment of a Hydropower Station using Fault Tree Analysis”, International Journal of Water & Energy, Vol. 62, No. 3, pp 44-55, 2005.
- Kansal, M.L., Devi, Sunita. “An Improved Algorithm for Connectivity Analysis of Distribution Networks”, Rel. Engg. & System Safety, Vol 92, No.10, 295-1302, (2007).
- Kusum Deep, M.L. Kansal, K P Singh. “Ranking of Alternatives in Fuzzy Environment using Integral Value”, Journal of Mathematics, Statistics, and Allied Fields (Scientific Journals International), Vol. 1, No. 2, (2007).
- Fery M. Hepy, Z. Ahmad, and Kansal, M L. “Critical velocity for slurry
transport through pipeline”, Journal of Dam Engineering, Vol. XIX, 3, pp 169-184, (2008).
- Mohd Fahimuddin, Govinda C Mishra and Mitthan L Kansal. “Groundwater Recharge Through a Multi-Aquifer Shaft Near a Flooding Stream”, Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 14, 1, pp. 84-90, (2009).
- Muthukrishnavellaisamy. K, G. C. Mishra, N. C. Ghosh and M. L. Kansal. “Estimation of stream water quality parameter using regime channel theory”, Journal of Environmental Geology, Springer-Verlag, Vol. 57, No. 4, pp. 899-908, (2009).
- Kusum Deep, K P Singh, M.L. Kansal, and Chander Mohan. “Management of multipurpose multi-reservoir using fuzzy interactive method”, Journal of Water Resources Management, Vol. 23, No. 14, pp. 2987-3003, (2009).
- Kusum Deep, K P Singh, M.L. Kansal, and Chander Mohan. “A real coded genetic algorithm for solving integer and mixed integer optimization problems”, Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computations, Vol. 212 No. 2, pp. 505-518, (2009).
- Kansal, M.L. and I Nyoman Suwarno “Integrated Agricultural Risk Management in Way Jepara Area of Indonesia”, International Journal of Irrigation & Drainage, Vol. 59, No. 5, pp. 506-523, June (2009).
- Kusum Deep, K. P. Singh, M. L. Kansal and C. Mohan: “A Fuzzy Interactive Approach to Portfolio Management”, OPSEARCH, Springer, Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 69-88, 2009.
- Saha, A, Kansal, M L, Mishra, G C, and Gupta, R P, “Restoration of the Traditional Small Water Bodies in Braj”, South Asian Journal of Tourism and Heritage, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp 19-29, 2010.
- Kusum Deep, K. P. Singh, M. L. Kansal and C. Mohan: “An Interactive Method Using Genetic Algorithm for Multi-Objective Optimization Problems Modeled in Fuzzy Environment”, Available online, ESWA, Elsevier, 2010.
- Kusum Deep, M. L. Kansal and K.P. Singh: “Genetic Algorithm based Fuzzy Weighted Average Application in Multi-Criteria Decision Making Problems”, accepted, OPSEARCH, Springer, Vol. 48, No. 2, pp. 96-108, 2011.
- Saha, A, Mishra, G C, Kansal, M L, and Gupta, R P, “Analysis of Seepage from a Pond”, Hydrogeology Journal, Springer, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 573-589, 2011.
- Muthukrishnavellaisamy. K, N. C. Ghosh, G. C. Mishra, and M. L. Kansal. “Semianalytical Solution for Nonequilibrium Sorption of Pollutant Transport in Streams”, ASCE, Journal of Env. Engg., Nov., Vol. 137, No. 11, pp. 1066-1074, (2011).
- Kansal, M.L. and Shilpy Arora, “Biodiversity and Present Status of Freshwater Fishes in Lohit River Basin of India”, Environmentalist Journal, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 58-69, Springer, (2012).
- Muthukrishnavellaisamy. K, N. C. Ghosh, G. C. Mishra, and M. L. Kansal. “Hybrid Model Development for the Decaying Pollutant Transport in Streams”, Int. J. of Environment and Waste Management (IJEWM), Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 130, (2012).
- Mishra, G C, Mahanta, K K, and Kansal, M L, “Determination of Inter-plate Distance and Initial Bulk”, Journal Soil Research, CSIRO, Australia, 2011.
- Mahanta, K K, Mishra, G C, and Kansal, M L, “Estimation of electric double layer thickness from linearized and nonlinear solutions of Poisson-Boltzman equation for single type of ions”, Journal of Applied Clay Science, Vol. 59, pp. 1-7, 2012.
- Kansal, M L, Dorje, T, and Chandniha, S K, “Design Scheme for Water Quality Monitoring in a Distribution Network” International Journal of Environment and Development, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 69-81, (2012).
- Maryam Abdolahpour, Mehdi Yasi, Javad Behmanesh, and Kansal, M L, “Performance evaluation of horizontal sharp crested weirs in a channel bend” Int. Journal of Hydrology Science & technology, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 402-412, 2012.
- Mahanta, K K, Mishra, G C, and Kansal, M L, “Estimation of electric double layer thickness in the presence of two types of ions in soil water”, Journal of Applied Clay Science, Vol. 87, pp. 2012-2018, 2014,
- Gupta, Stuti, and Kansal, M L, ‘Reliability Assessment of a Real Time Distribution System’, International Journal of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 7, No. 9, pp. 993-999, (2014).
- Singh, K. P., Kansal, M. L. and Kusum Deep, “GA-NR for Optimal Design of Water Distribution Networks”, International Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 20, No. 3, 2014, pp. 241-261.
- Singh, K. P., Kusum Deep and Kansal, M. L., “Fuzzy-based Interactive Method for Solution of bi and multi-level Programming Problems”, International Journal of Information and Decision Sciences, Vol. 6, No. 2, 2014, pp. 166-181.
- Chandniha, S K, Kansal, M L, and Gunjuluri, Anvesh, “Watershed Sustainability Index Assessment of a watershed in Chhattisgarh, India”, Current World Environment, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 403-411, 2014.
- Dereje, A, Kansal, M L, and Sen, Sumit, “Assessment of Water Scarcity and its Impacts on Sustainable Development in Awash Basin, Ethiopia” Journal of Sustainable Water Resources Management, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 71-87, 2015.
- Sharma, S K, Kansal, M L, and Tyagi, Aditya, "Resource Assessment & Strategic Planning for Sustainable Water Supply to Shimla City (India) using Geo-Spatial Techniques", The Egyptian Journal of Remote Sensing and Space Sciences, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 85-87, 2015.
- Sharma, S K, Kansal, M L, and Tyagi, Aditya, "Integrated Water Management Plan for Shimla City in India using Geo-Spatial Techniques", Water Science & Technology : Water Supply, IWA, London, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 641-652, 2016.
- Dereje, A, Kansal, M L, and Sen, Sumit, “Economic Evaluation of Proposed Alternatives of Inter-basin Water Transfer from Baro Akobo to Awash Basin in Ethiopia”, Journal of Sustainable Water Resources Management, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 313-330, 2016.
- Shukla, S, Kansal, M L, and Jain, S K, "Snow cover area variability assessment in the upper part of the Satluj river basin in India", Geo-carto International, Vol. 32, No. 11, pp.1285-1306, 2016.
- Chandniha, S K, and Kansal, M L, “Prioritization of sub-watersheds based on morphometric analysis using geospatial technique in Piperiya watershed, India”, Applied Water Science, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 329-338 (2017).
- Kansal, M L, Kumar, P, Kishore, K A, “Integrated Flood Risk Management using Multi Criterion Decision Analysis – A Case Study of Bihar”, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Vol. 7, No. 3, March. 2017, pp. 271-276.
- Kansal, M L, Kishore, K A, Kumar, P, “Impacts of Flood and its Management- A Case Study of Bihar”, International Journal of Advanced Research, Vol. 5, No. 3, March. 2017, pp. 1695-1706.
- Kansal, M L, Ivor, J N, and Chandaniha, S, “Urban Water Service Quality Assessment in Tanzanian Towns of Songea and Mbeya” Journal of Sustainable Water Resources Management, Vol. 03, No. 04, pp. 491-501 (2017).
- Kansal, M L, Thakur, A, “Flood Estimation for a Cloudburst Event in an Ungauged Western Himalayan Catchment”, International Journal of Hydrology, 2017, 1(6), pp 1-7.
- Agarwal SS, and M L Kansal, “Issues of Hydropower Development in Uttarakhand Region of Indian Himalaya”, Water and Energy International, Vol. 59, No. 11, pp. 52-64, 2017.
- Deogratius Nyamsha and Mitthan Lal Kansal, “Describing Soil Quality with Aggregate Index for Msange Irrigation Scheme of Tanzania” International Journal of Soil Use and Management, John. Wiley, UK, accepted for publication, 2018.
- Agarwal SS, and M L Kansal, “Importance of Hydropower for Energy Sustenance in India”, Water and Energy International, Vol. 61, No. 02, pp. 61-73, 2018.
- Pillai, N N, Goel, A and Kansal, M L, “Rapid Determination of Optimum Moisture Content of Engineering soils for Embankment Construction”, Journal of Irrigation & Power, Jan., Vol. 47, No. 1, pp. 59-66, (1990).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L, Arora G and Kumar Sanjay, “A Study on Financial & Contractual Issues in BOT Projects” IBC, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp 149-157, (1998),.
- Kansal, M L, and Arora G, “Issues and challenges in the Management of Urban Water Supply Schemes” IBC, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Vol. 9, No. 1, 188-194, (2002).
- Kansal, M.L., Arora, Geeta, and Verma, Shuchi “Water Quality Reliability Analysis in an Urban Network”, Journal of IWWA, Vol. 36, No. 3, pp 185-198, (2004).
- Kansal, M.L., Arora, Geeta, and Verma, Shuchi “Optimal Location of Chlorine Booster Stations in an Urban Water Distribution Network”, Journal of IWWA, Vol. 37, No. 1,
pp 25-36, 2005.
- Mishra, G C, and Kansal, M L, "Radial Collector Well as an Alternate Source of Water Supply – A Case Study", Journal of Indian Building Congress, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp 3-12, (2005).
- Kansal, M L, and Verma, Shuchi,, "Rational Water Pricing – Need for Sustainable Management of Urban Water Supply ", Journal of Indian Building Congress, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp 244-152, (2005).
- Kansal, M L, "Water Balance Analysis for Large Scale Water Transfer – A Case Study", Jalvigyan Sameeksha, Journal of INCOH, 19(1-2), pp 105-115, (2004).
- Kansal, M L, " Sustainable Development and Management of Water Supply to the City of Almora ", Journal of Indian Building Congress, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 232-237, (2007).
- Kansal, M L, Mishra, G C, and Bisnoi, Kailash "Radial Collector Well - An Alternate Source of Water Supply", Journal of CSIR, Vol. 20, No. 1, June, (2012), pp. 30-35.
- Kansal, M L, Bayu, K, and Mishra, G C, "Yield Estimation of Radial collector Well Located Near a Meandering River", Special Issue of JIWWA on River Bank Filtration, Vol. 20, No. 1, Dec., (2012) (Sp. Issue), pp. 59-66.
- Bisnoi, K, Kansal, M L, and Mishra, G C, "Flow to a Collector Pipe Laid under a Stream Bed", ISH Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol. 22 , No. 1 , (2015), pp. 100-108
- Kansal, M L, and Agarwal, S S, “Impact of Uncertainties on Economic Sustainability – A Case Study of Myntdu Leshka Hydropower Project”, Indian Power Journal, (2015), Vol. 23, No. 4, pp 31-39.
- Chandniha, S K and Kansal, M L, “Rainfall Estimation using Multiple Linear Regression based Statistical Downscaling for Piperiya Watershed in Chhattisgarh”, Journal of Agro-meteorology, Vol. 18, No. 1, 2016, pp. 106.
- Kansal, M L, and G, Anvesh, “Greenhouse Gas Emission Assessment from Few Storage Based Hydropower Schemes in India”, Journal of Indian Water Resources Society, Vol. 36, No. 4, Oct., 2016, pp. 27-35.
- Kansal, M L, “Issues and Challenges in Water Productivity for Sustainable Agricultural Growth in India”, Journal of Indian Water Resources Society (Special Issue), 2017.
- Kansal, M L, and Shukla Sandeep, “Role of Climate Change and Anthropogenic Activities in 2013 Flood Disaster of Uttarakhand”, Journal of Indian Water Resources Society, Vol. 37, No. 1, Jan., 2017, pp. 7-16.
- Chandniha, S K and Kansal, M L, “Water resources planning and management using probability distribution”, Journal of Agro-meteorology, (2017), Vol. 19, No. 2, pp 176-177.
International Congress/ Symposium/ Conferences
- Kansal, M L and Arora G, “Reliability Analysis of Booster Chlorination in Urban Water Distribution Networks”, World Water & Environmental Resources Congress, ASCE, May 20-24, 2001, Orlando, Florida, USA pp. I~67-76, 111, 474.
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L and Arora G, “Tracking Accidental Contamination in Water Distribution System” 40 th AIT Sym., 08-12 Nov., Bangkok, (1999).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L and Kumar Sanjay, "Stochastic Hydraulic Reliability of a Water Distribution Network", Seventh IAHR International Sym. on Stochastic Hydraulics, July, 29-31, Mackay, Qld, Australia, (1996).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L and Arora G, “Identification of Monitoring Stations in Water Distribution System” Water-Asia 1997, Delhi, Oct., (1997), (reproduced from ASCE, Vol. 123, No. 8, pp 746-52).
- Kansal, M L and Goel, A, “Role of Computers in Water Resources Education and Training in India”, Int. Conf. on Education and Training in Water Resources, Aurangabad (India), 4-8 Dec., pp 329-331, (1989).
- Kansal, M L, “Institute-Industry Link in Engineering Education for Upgradation - An Indian Perspective”, Int. Conf. on Engineering Education -An Indian Perspective, Vishakhapatnam (India), 21-23 Nov., pp I-68-71, (1994).
- Kumar, A, Arora G and Kansal, M L, “Risk Analysis of Chloride Corrosion in Concrete Bridges” Sixth International Conf. on Deterioration & repair of RCC in the Arabian Gulf held on November 23-25, 2000, Bahrain.
- Thatte, C D, Kansal, M L, and Sahasrabudhe, S J, “Sustainable Development of Water Resources – need for Performance Based Adaptive Management” International Conf. On Sustainable Development of Water Resources – Socio-Economical, Institutional and Environmental Aspects, November 27-30, 2000, pp 29-39, New Delhi.
- Kumar, Sanjay, Kansal, M L and Chakravorty, B, "Hydraulic Reliability Analysis of Small Water Distribution Networks", International conference on Water and Wastewater : Perspectives of Developing Countries, Dec. 11-13, New-Delhi, pp 259-267, (2002).
- Kansal, M L and Kumar, Sanjay, "Cutset-Based Reliability Analysis of Water Distribution Networks", International conference on Water and Environment, WE-2003, Dec. 15-18, Bhopal, pp 330-342, (2003).
- Mishra, G C, Kumar, Sudhir, and Kansal, M L, "Performance of Radial Collector Well Running Parallel to a River", International conference on Hydrological Perspectives for Sustainable Development, HYPESD-2005, Feb. 23-25, Roorkee, pp 770-781, (2005).
- Mishra, G C, and Kansal, M L, "Performance of Radial Collector Well", EU-India Workshop on Riverbank Filtration, April 04, IIT Roorkee, (2005).
- Roy P Perdede, and Kansal, M L, "Application of Search Techniques in Optimal Design of Water Distribution Networks", Indian International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IICAI-05), December 20-22, Pune, pp 1067-1077 (2005).
- Kansal, M L and Heru Setiadi, "Simulation Based Performance Evaluation of an Urban Water Distribution Network", International conference on Public Private Partnership in Water Sector, Nov. 10-11, Nagpur, pp 42, (2006).
- Kusum Deep, Kansal, M L and K P Singh, "An Interactive Method for Multi Objective Reliability Optimization Problems", 3rd International conference on Reliability and Safety Engineering, Udaipur, Dec. 17-19, pp 566-571, (2007).
- Kusum Deep, Kansal, M L and K P Singh, "A Fuzzy Interactive Method for Multiobjective Engineering Design Problems", 1st International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology- ICETET-08, Nagpur (India), July, 16-18th , pp 559-563, (2008).
- Kansal, M L and Heru Setiadi, “Issues and challenges of Flood Management in Jakarta City of Indonesia”, International seminar on Management and Mitigation of Water Induced Disasters, April 21-22, Kathmandu, Nepal, (2008), pp 23-38.
- Kansal, M L and Rajeev Kumar Giri, “Fault Tree Analysis of a Water Treatment Plant”, International Congress on Environmental Research, ICER-08, BITS Goa, 18-20 Dec., (2008).
- Kansal, M L and Recardo C Olarte, ‘Optimal Operation of Pumps for Urban Water Distribution Systems’, (2009), Asia Pacific Water and Sewer Systems Modelling Seminar, April 27-28, 2009, Gold Coast, Australia, Session III.
- Kansal, M L and Tyagi, A, “Threat Perceptions and Risk Management In Urban Water Supply Schemes” World Environmental & Water Resources Congress, ASCE, May 17-21, 2009, Kansas, Missouri, USA pp. .
- Kansal, M L, “Sustainable Development & Management of Rural Water Supply Systems in India” Regional Conference on Appropriate Water Supply, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Solutions for Informal Settlements and Marginalized Communities, May 19-21, Kathmandu, Nepal, pp 122-140, (2010).
- Kansal, M L and Gaur Abhishek, “Expert Systems Based Water Sustainability Index” World Environmental & Water Resources Congress, ASCE, May 22-26, 2011, Palm Springs, CA, USA.
- Roshan R., Abdolahpour M. and Kansal M. L., “Design of Stilling Basin with Stepped End Sill”, 9th International Congress on Civil Engineering (9th ICCE), Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran, May, 8-10, 2012, pp. 1-8.
- Kansal, M L, Chandniha, S K, Dorje, T, and Tyagi, A., “Identifications of Optimal Monitoring Locations to Detect Accidental Contaminations” World Environmental & Water Resources Congress, ASCE, May 20-24, 2012, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA pp. 758-776.
- Agarwal, S S, and Kansal, M L, “Fuzzy Fault Tree Analysis of a Power Transformer” QR2MSE-2012, IEEE, Chengdu, Sichuan, China, pp. 1000-1004.
- Bisnoi, Kailash, and Kansal, M L, "Flow Estimation to a Horizontal Collector Pipe Placed Below the River Bed", IGWC-2012, Dec. 18-21, Aurangabad (India), pp 396-409.
- Kansal, M L, "AHP and Fuzzy Inference Based Sustainable Development Contribution Assessment of Renewable Energy Projects", Sustainable Development & Governance : Building Commerce & Communities, ICSDG-2012, Dec. 12-14, Amrita Viswa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, (2012), pp 123-134.
- Kansal, M L, Mulenga Musonda, and Sharma, Aman, "Estimation of Environmental Flow for Sustainable Hydropower Development”, International Exhibition and Conference on Water Technologies, and Renewable Energy, WATECH-2013, Feb. 13-14, Mumbai, (2013), Vol. 4, Issue 1, pp56.
- Kansal, M L, Sharma, Aman, and Mulenga Musonda, "Release of Environmental Flow for Sustainable Hydropower Development, International Seminar on Hydropower & Sustainable Development, Feb. 21-22, Bhubneshwar, (2013), pp .
- Sharma, SK, Kansal, M L and Tyagi, Aditya, “Augmentation Strategies for Sustainable Water Supply to Shimla – A Hill Station in India” World Environmental & Water Resources Congress, ASCE, May 19-23, 2013, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA pp. .
- Kansal, M L, and Agarwal, S S, “Fuzzy Based Transformer Failure Analysis under Uncertainty” ICROIT-2014, IEEE, MRIU, Faridabad, India, pp. .
- Kansal, M L, Shukla, Sandeep, and Tyagi, Aditya, “Role of Anthropogenic Activities in Recent Flood Disaster of Uttarakhand (India)” World Environmental & Water Resources Congress, ASCE, June 1-5, 2014, Portland, Orelando, USA.
- Dereje, A, Kansal, M L, and Tyagi, Aditya, “Challenges of Sustainable Development and Management of Water Resources in Ethiopia” World Environmental & Water Resources Congress, ASCE, June 1-5, 2014, Portland, Orelando, USA.
- Chandniha, S K, Kansal, M L, and Gunjuluri, Anvesh, “Watershed Sustainability Index Assessment of a watershed in Chhattisgarh, India”, International Conference (ICES’14), 15-16th March, Vellore (India) (2014), pp .
- G, Anvesh, Kansal, M L, Gurjar, B R, and Sharma, Aman, “Greenhouse Gas Diffusive Flux Assessment from Indian Reservoirs”, International Conference (ICES’14), 15-16th March, Vellore (India) (2014), pp .
- Kansal, M L, “Sustainable Urban Water Supply Management - Need for Holistic Approach" 3rd India water Week 2015, Jan. 13-17, New Delhi. pp. 72.
- Kansal, M L, and Agarwal, S S, “Uncertainties in Sustainable Development of Hydropower Projects in Uttarakhand (India)”, ICHPSD-2015, Dehradun, India, pp.498-510.
- Kansal, M L, Tyagi, Aditya, and Chandniha, S K, “Distance Based Water Sustainability Assessment using SPI for the State of Chhatisgarh in India", World Environmental & Water Resources Congress, ASCE, May 17-21, 2015, Austin, Texas, USA.
- Samal, Rajat, and Kansal, M L, "Sustainable Development Contribution Assessment of Renewable Energy Projects", ICEPE-2015, June 12-13, Shillong (2015), pp .
- Kansal, M L, “Issues & Challenges of River Health assessment in India”, International Conference (ICWEES’2016), 15-18th March, Bhopal (India) (2016).
- Chandniha, S K, and Kansal, M L, “Water sustainability Assessment under Climatic Uncertainty – A case Study of Chhattisgarh (India)”, International Conference (ICWEES’2016), 15-18th March, Bhopal (India) (2016).
- Agarwal, S S, Kansal, M L, and Rheinheimer, David, “Issues and Challenges of Sustainable Hydropower Development in the Indian Himalayan Region”, 19th International Symposium, September, 12-14, New Delhi, India, (2016).
- Kansal, M L, “Sustainable Irrigation through Piped Network – Issues of Hydraulic Design”, International Conference on Modeling of Environmental and Water Resources Systems (ICMEWRS’2017), March, 24-26th, Kanpur (India) (2017).
- Kansal, M L, Silas, Ekadu, “Hydro-politics in Water Governance of the Nile River in Africa” World Environmental & Water Resources Congress, ASCE, June 3-7, 2018, Minneapolis, MN, USA.
- Kansal, M L, Amara, Augustini, “Resilience Study of Water Supply System in Freetown of Sierra Leone” World Environmental & Water Resources Congress, ASCE, June 3-7, 2018, Minneapolis, MN, USA.
- Kansal, M L, Sridhar, V, and Singh, Neetu, “A Study of Urban Supply System Resilience for the Capital City of Delhi (India)” World Environmental & Water Resources Congress, ASCE, June 3-7, 2018, Minneapolis, MN, USA.
- Amara, Augustini and Kansal, M L, “Challenges of Water Supply Management in Harbour City of Freetown in Western Sierra Leone” International Conference on Sustainable Technologies for Intelligent Water Management, Feb., 16-19, 2018, Roorkee, India.
- Saramadie Thorlu-Bangura, Surendra Kumar Chandniha and Mitthan Lal Kansal, “Rainfall Variability Assessment over Rokel-seli River Basin in Sierra Leone” International Conference on Sustainable Technologies for Intelligent Water Management, Feb., 16-19, 2018, Roorkee, India.
- Deogratius Nyamsha and Mitthan Lal Kansal, “Challenges of Food Security in Tanzania: Need for Precise Irrigation” International Conference on Sustainable Technologies for Intelligent Water Management, Feb., 16-19, 2018, Roorkee, India.
- Alemayehu Yadesa and Mitthan Lal Kansal, “Design of pressurized Irrigation system to Improve Irrigation water use efficiency in Canal Command” International Conference on Sustainable Technologies for Intelligent Water Management, Feb., 16-19, 2018, Roorkee, India.